Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hidden Worlds

We went to a wonderful art gallery show the other night in downtown Los Angeles. Susan Hazeltine Connell had her latest work displayed and the pieces are so fresh and different I really loved them. I had seen some of them before in her home but to see them all together in a gallery setting where I could really look and study each one was amazing.

Painted in white on linen, the images draw you into a world where there is so much more going on then just the original image you "thought" you saw.

Simply beautiful.




Photos above by Leith O'Leary




5 comments:

Leah said...

I love the artworks. It's really difficult to admire an artwork done in an all white color but her work is really amazing... the artworks made me think and look some more.

Have a lovely day! xoxo

Cafe Fashionista said...

Her work is just phenomenal! I can't help but to think of spirits floating about when I look at each piece. Gorgeous!! :)

Maria Tavares said...

Lovely exhibition :D

Rock N Revolution said...

Wow...so beautiful.

Leith said...

Thanks Cindy this looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...